ISSN 1812-7231 Klin.inform.telemed. Volume 8, Issue 9, 2012, Pages 38-44
V. I. Shulgin, Ali. Jadooei, D. I. Shulga K. V. Nasedkin, V. V. Fedotenko
National Aerospace University Kharkiv Ukraine
Measurement of arterial blood pressure, on the basis of co-processing of physiological parameters set
A method proposed for evaluation of arterial blood pressure, on the basis of co-processing of several physiological parameters of a person — heart rate, pulse wave transit time, and heart rate variability parameters. The experiments showed a rather high accuracy of measurement of arterial blood pressure in comparison with the traditional methods of measuring blood pressure.
blood pressure, heart rate, pulse wave, heart rate variability
1. Hannu Sorvoja, Noninvasive blood pressure pulse detection and blood pressure determination. 2006.
2. Ben Gupta, Invasive blood pressure monitoring, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Western Australia.
3. P. Shaltis, A. Reisner, and H. Asada, A Hydrostatic Pressure Approach to Cuffless Blood Pressure Monitoring, in Proc. 26th Annu. IEEE Int. Conf. Engineering in Medicine and Biology, San Francisco, Sept. 2004.
4. Heiko Gesche, Detlef Grosskurth, Gert Küchler, Andreas Patzak, Continuous blood pressure measurement by using the pulse transit time: comparison to a cuff-based method, Springer-Verlag 2011.
5. Federico S., Harinath Garudadri. Noninvasive Cuffless Estimation of Blood Pressure from Pulse Arrival Time and Heart Rate with Adaptive Calibration IEEE Computer society. 2009 p. 114–115.
6. Soo-Young Ye, Gi-Ryon Kim, Dong-Keun Jung, Seong-Wan Baik, and Gye-Rok Jeon. Estimation of Systolic and Diastolic Pressure using the Pulse Transit Time.
7. Mohamed Faisal Lutfi., Mohamed Yosif Sukkar. Effect of blood pressure on heart rate variability Khartoum Medical Journal (2011) vol. 04, no. 01, p. 548–553.
8. Geddes, L. A., Voelz, M. H., Babbs, C. F., Bourland, J. D. & Tacker, W. A., Pulse transit time as an indicator of arterial blood pressure, Psychophysiology, vol. 18, pp. 71–74. (1981) c. (1878)
9. Geddes L. A., Voelz M., James S. & Reiner D. Pulse wave velocity as a method of obtaining systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Med Biol Eng Comput 19: 671–672. (1981)
10. P. Skyba, P. Joppa, M. Orolín, R. Tkáčová Blood pressure and heart rate variability response to noninvasive ventilation in patients with exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Physiol. Res. 56 p. 527–533, 2007.
11. S. Danev, R. Nikolova, M. Kerekovska, S. Svetoslavov, Relationship between heart rate variability and hypercholesterolaemia. Centr. eur. J. publ. Hlth 5, 1997, no. 3, p. 143–146.
12. John Allen, Photoplethysmography and its application in clinical physiological measurement. Physiol. Meas. 28 (2007) R1–R39.
13. Jorge Proença, Jens Muehlsteff, Xavier Aubert, Paulo Carvalho Is Pulse Transit Time a good indicator of Blood Pressure changes during short physical exercise in a young population? Conference of the IEEE EMBS September 4, 2010.
14. L. A. Geddes, Leslie Alexander Geddes, Handbook of blood pressure measurement, Humana Press.