Inventory reference ISSN 1812-7231 Klin.inform.telemed. Volume 10, Issue 11, 2014, Pages 54–60
Author(s) E. A. Yumatov1, S. S. Pertsov2, E. N. Dudnik1, L. V. Mezentseva2
Institution(s) 1I. M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Russia 2P. K. Anokhin Institute of Normal Physiology, Moscow, Russia
Article title The conception of the information equipment for systemic control of the sleep in daily conditions
Introduction. Widely used classical methodology of research of a sleep, criteria and classification of structure of phases of a sleep are focused only on clinical application.
Purpose. The complex analysis of the vital physiological functions during a night sleep requires creation of information and hardware system by means of which sleep control in real everyday life would be possible.
Results and discussion. Information system allows: to carry out the complex analysis of physiological functions: to record phase structure of a sleep; to awake of the person in a optimum sleep phase for a psychophysiological state; to control of the cardiac functions and respiration; to interrupt dangerous phases of a sleep which can be accompanied by the expressed vascular disorders leading to a cerebral stroke, to a myocardial infarction and sudden death.
Conclusion. The information and hardware complex represents absolutely new portable microprocessor device and the original software, realized on the personal computer, for control of the vital physiological functions during a sleep in real everyday life.
Keywords Sleep; Information medicine; Medical instrument; Vital physiological functions
1. Sudakov K. V. Social physiology: theoretical justification and practical application of rehabilitational actions. V sb. E’ksperimental’naya i prikladnaya fiziologiya [Experimental and applied physiology]. 1994, vol. 5. Sistemnye mechanizmy reabilitacii [System rehabilitation mechanisms], p. 6–14. (In Russ.).
2. Vein A. M. Narusheniya sna i bodrstvovaniya [Sleep and wakefulness disturbances], M., Medicina Publ., 1974, 383 p. (In Russ.).
3. Vein A. M., Hecht K. Son cheloveka. Fiziologiya i patologiya [Sleep of the person. Physiology and pathology], M., Medicina Publ., 1989, 272 p. (In Russ.).
4. Levin Ia. I. Insomniya and principles of her treatment. Zh. Sovremennaya psixiatriya [J. Modern psychiatry], 1998, pp. 6–10. (In Russ.).
5. Vein A. M., Sudakov K. V., Levin Ya. I., Yumatov E. A., Kovrov G. V., Strygin K. N. Sleep stages after psychoemotional influences: identity of changes. Fiziologicheskij zhurnal im. I. M. Sechenova [I. M. Sechenov J. Physiology], 2001, vol. 87, iss. 3, pp. 289–295. (In Russ.).
6. Yumatov E. A. Stress and sleep: awaking in an optimal sleep phase. Abs. 9 Internat. Montreux Congress on Stress, 1997, Switzerland.
7. Yumatov E. A. Methodology of the theory of functional systems in development of devices for control of physiological functions of the person. Vestnik RAMN [Herald of Medical Sciences], 1997, vol. 12, p. 40–45. (In Russ.).
8. Yumatov E. A. The way of awakening of the person in the fixed phase of a sleep and the device for its exercise. Patent R. F. № 2061406. (In Russ.).
9. Sudakov K. V., Yumatov E. A., Tarakanov O. P. Cross-correlation vegetative criterion of an emotional stress. Zh. Fiziologiya cheloveka [J. Human Physiology], 1995, vol. 23, iss.3, pp. 87–95. (In Russ.).
10. Yumatov E. A. The way of definition of an emotional stress and the device for its exercise. Patent R. F. № 2073484. (In Russ.).
11. Yumatov E. A., Kramm M. N., Nabrodov A. B. Information and expert system for an objective assessment of an emotional stress. Zh. Biomedicinskaya radioe’lektronika [J. Biomedical electronics], 2004, vol. 12, pp. 3–7. (In Russ.).
12. Yumatov E. A., Kramm M. N., Nabrodov A. B. Information system for an objective assessment of an emotional stress. Zh. Texnologii zhivyx sistem [J. Technology of living systems], 2007, iss. 4. (In Russ.).
13. Hornyak M., Cejnar M., Elam M. et al. Sympathetic muscle nerve during sleep activity in men. Brain, 1991, vol. 114, pp. 1281–1295.
14. Shimuzu T., Takahashi Y., Suzuki K. et al. Muscle nerve sympathetic activity during sleep and its change with arousal response. J. Sleep Res., 1992, vol. 1, pp. 178–185.
15. Sommers V. K., Dyken M. E., Mark A. L., Abboud F. M. Sympathetic-nerve activity during sleep in normal subjects. Engl. J. Med., 1993, vol. 328, pp. 303–307.
16. Varonesckas G., Zemaityte D. Autonomic heart rate control and JT interval during night sleep stages in coronary disease patients with congestive heart failure. Eur Heart J., 1999, vol. 20, (Suppl.), p. 201.
17. Jovanovie U. J. Normal Sleep in Man. Stuttgart, Hyppocrates, 1971.
18. Khoo M. C., Blasi A. Sleep-related changes in autonomic control in obstructive sleep apnea: A model-based perspective. Respir. Physiol. Neurobiol., 2013, May 23, pii: S1569-9048 (13) 00157-2.
19. Ben-Tal A. Computational models for the study of heart-lung interactions in mammals. Wiley Interdiscip. Rev. Syst. Biol. Med., 2012, Mar.-Apr., vol. 4, iss. 2, pp. 163–170.
20. Kabir M. M., Dimitri H., Sanders P., Antic R., Nalivaiko E., Abbott D., Baumert M. Cardiorespiratory phase-coupling is reduced in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. PLoS One, 2010, May 13, vol. 5, iss. 5, e10602.
21. Harrington J., Schramm P. J., Davies C. R., Lee-Chiong T. L. An electrocardiogram-based analysis evaluating sleep quality in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep Breath, 2013, Sep., vol. 17, iss. 3, pp. 1071–1078.
22. Kazimierczak A., Krzesiński P., Krzyżanowski K., Gielerak G. Sleep-disordered breathing in patients with heart failure: new trends in therapy. Biomed. Res. Int., 2013, 459613
23. Gass J. J., Glaros A. G. Autonomic Disregulation in Headache Patients. Appl. Psychophysiol. Biofeedback, 2013, Aug., vol. 3.
24. Mrowka R., Cimponeriu L., Patzak A., Rosenblum M.G. Directionality of coupling of physiological subsystems: age-related changes of cardiorespiratory interaction during different sleep stages in babies. Am. J. Physiol. Regul. Integr. Comp. Physiol., 2003, Dec., vol. 285, iss. 6, R1395-401.
Full-text version http://kit-journal.com.ua/en/viewer_en.html?doc/2014_11/9.pdf