Inventory reference ISSN 1812-7231 Klin.inform.telemed. Volume 10, Issue 11, 2014, Pages 89–94
Author(s) S. B. Pavlov, N. M. Babenko, M. V. Kumechko
Institution(s) Kharkiv Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Ministry of Health of Ukraine
Article title Using markers of atypical cells for evaluating adaptive capabilities
Introduction. To investigate the functional state of the organism in the range between normality and pathology is necessary to determine the parameters describing adaptive capabilities, and find a way to adequately handle these indicators. Therefore, the selection of marker, reflecting a violation of regulation processes at the molecular level is crucial.
Formulation of the problem. When exposed to the body of damaging factors include protective-compensatory mechanisms of adaptation, in case of failure of which, are created the conditions for the transition of the pathological process on the higher levels of the organization. This promotes the formation of substances with new antigenic properties. Therefore, as indicators of adaptive responses may be used biomarkers of atypical cells.
The object of the study is to explore the use of biomarkers of atypical cells on the example of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) as a criterion for reducing adaptation reserves at the molecular and cellular levels.
Study results. Was estimated probability of failure of compensatory mechanisms at the molecular and cellular levels, leading to a decrease in functional reserves. The method of quantifying estimation adaptive capacity of the organism has been proposed.
Conclusions. The proposed model of quantifying estimation adaptive capacity of the organism using biomarkers of atypical cells can be used to estimate the decrease of reserves adaptation at the molecular and cellular levels in any group.
Keywords Markers of atypical cells; Adaptive capabilities; Compensatory mechanisms; Functional reserves
1. Vasilenko I. J. Radiological problems of small doses of radiation. Voenno-meditsinskiy zhurnal [Military Medical Journal], 1993, iss. 4, pp. 28–32. (In Russ.).
2. Dmitrieva N. V., Glazachev O. S. Individualnoe zdorov’e i poliparametricheskaya diagnostika funktsionalnogo sostoyaniya cheloveka [Individual health and polyparametric diagnostics of human functional state.] M., Gorizont Publ., 2000, 214 p. (In Russ.).
3. Dolgikh V.T. Obschaya patofiziologiya (lektsii dlya studentov vrachey) [General pathophysiology (lectures for students and doctors)]. Nizhny Novgorod, NGMA Publ., 1997, 108 p. (In Russ.).
4. Kuz’menko T. S. Povyshenie effektivnosti lecheniya ting pomoschyu algoritmov, razrabotannyh na osnove teorii adaptatsionnyh reaktsiy [Improving the efficiency of treatment with algorithms developed based on the theory of adaptive reactions]. M., 2003, 33 p. (In Russ.).
5. Pavlov S. B., Popsuyshapka A. K., Pavlov G. B. The possibility of using connective tissue markers to assess the health of the population. Mezhdunarodnyy meditsinskiy zhurnal [International Medical J.], 2005, iss. 1, pp. 124–128. (In Russ.).
6. Pavlov S. B., Matyusha L. V. etc. Sposob otsenki ekologicheskogo riska v populyatsii [The method of ecological risk assessment in the population]. Patent Ukr. iss. 47750, MPK G01N33/48. 04.09.2001; Publ. 15.07.2002, Bull. iss. 7. (In Russ.).
7. Fathi E., Mesbah-Namin S. A., Farahzadi R. Biomarkers in Medicine: An Overview. British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research, 2014, vol. 4, iss. 8, pp. 1701–1718.
8. Fletcher R. H. Carcinoembryonic antigen. Ann. Intern. Med., 1986, vol. 104, iss. 1, pp. 66–73.
9. Policy issues for the development and use of biomarkers in health. OECD, 2011, p. 45.
10. Sajid K. M., Parveen R., Sabih D., et al. Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) levels in hookah smokers, cigarette smokers and non-smokers. J. Pak. Med. Assoc., 2007, vol. 57, iss. 12, pp. 595-599.
11. Scorilasa A., Chianga P.M., Katsarosc D. et al. Molecular characterization of a new gene, CEAL1, encoding for a carcinoembryonic antigen-like protein with a highly conserved domain of eukaryotic translation initiation factors. Gene, 2003. vol. 310, pp. 79–89.
Full-text version http://kit-journal.com.ua/en/viewer_en.html?doc/2014_11/14.pdf