ISSN 1812-7231 Klin.inform.telemed. Volume 11, Issue 12, 2015, Pages 106–112
V. M. Glushkov Institute of Cybernetics of NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
Difficult diagnostic problem with a clinical informatics view
The concept of "difficult diagnostic problem" from a prospective of clinical informatics is analyzed. The interpretation of the basic notions of the theory of informatics in the context of the "difficult diagnosis." is done. The signs of difficult diagnostic problems as well as the rule for determining the degree of difficulty are proposed. This rule represents an integral point rating criteria. An example of clinical information technology developed to solve "difficult diagnostic problems." is demonstrated.
difficult diagnosis, entropy, clinical informatics, clinical information technology, clinical guidelines, magnetocardiography
1. Taylor R. B. Difficult diagnosis. M., Medicine Pabl., 1992, 640 p. (in Russ.)
2. Chaikovsky I. A., Voytovich I. D. Approaches to assessing the degree of maturity of clinical information technology while using technologies of electrical activity of the heart. Dopovidi NAN Ukrainy [Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine], 2014, iss. 2, pp. 160–167. (in Russ.)
3. Burtazov E., Nurgozhin T., Ayyhanova A., Lee M., Ergaliyev K. System of implementation of innovative methods for diagnosis and treatment. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii: Ministerstvo zdravoohraneniya Respubliki Kazakhstan [Guidelines: The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan], Astana, 2010, 33 p. (in Russ.)
4. Kobrinsky B. The logic of the argument in decision-making in medicine. Nаuka. Tekhnika. Innovatsii [Science. Appliances. Innovation], 2001, series 2, iss. 9, pp. 1–8. (in Russ.)
5. Moore George. The Bending of the Bough: a play in five acts, London: T. Fisher Unwin, 1900, 145 p.
6. Evidence-Based Medicine Working Group. Evidence-based medicine. A new approach to teaching the practice of medicine. J. of American Medical Association (JAMA), 1992, vol. 268, iss. 17, pp. 2420–2425.
7. Chaikovsky I., Boytsova V. Pryymak V., Budnik M. Economic efficiency of technology of coronary artery disease diagnosis using magnetocardiography. Likharska sprava [General medicine], 2014, iss. 11–12 (1126). (in Ukr.)
8. Approval of the rules for determining the severity of harm to human health. RF Government Resolution dated August 17, 2007, iss. 522. (in Russ.)
9. Cassar A., Holmes D., Charanjit S. At al. Chronic coronary artery disease: diagnosis and management. Mayo. Clin. Proc., 2009, vol. 84, iss. 12, pp. 1130–1146.
10. Chest pain of recent onset: Assessment and diagnosis of recent onset chest pain or discomfort of suspected cardiac origin. NICE guidelines N 95, National Clinical Guideline Centre for Acute and Chronic Conditions, London, 2010, p. 64
11. Chaikovsky I., Boychak M., Sosnitsky V., Myasnikov G., Rychlik E., Sosnitskaia T., Frolov Y., Budnik M. Magnetocardiography in clinical practice: algorithms and data analysis techniques. Likharska sprava [General medicine], 2011, iss. 3–4, pp. 3–20. (in Russ.)
12. Chaikovsky I., Hailer B., Sosnytskyy V., Lutay M., Mjasnikov G. at al. Predictive value of the complex magnetocardiographic index in patients with intermediate pretest probability of chronic coronary artery disease: results of a two-center study. Coronary Artery Disease, 2014, vol. 25, iss. 6, pp. 474–484.
13. Kovalenko V., Parkhomenko A., Lutay M, Chaikovsky I., Sosnitsky V. at al. Magnetocardiogrphy: methodology of examination, diagnostic indicators, clinical application of algorithms. Metodychni rekomendatsii MOZ Ukrainy, Tsentr naukovoi medychnoi informatsii I patentno-litsenziynoi roboty [Guidelines of Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Centre of Health Information and patent licensing operation], Kyiv, 2013, 54 p. (in Ukr.)
14. Bossouyt P., Irwig L., Craig J., Glasziou P. Comparative accuracy: accessing new test against existing diagnostic pathways, BMJ, 2006, vol. 332, pp. 1989–1992.
15. Weissman I., Dickinson C., Dworkin H., Juni J. Cost-effectivness of myocardial perfusion imaging with SPECT in the emergency department evaluation of patients with unexplained chest pain. Radiology, 1996, vol. 199, pp. 353–357.
Full-text version http://kit-journal.com.ua/en/viewer_en.html?doc/2015_12/18.pdf