Inventory reference ISSN 1812-7231 Klin.inform.telemed. Volume 12, Issue 13, 2017, Pages 70–74
Author(s) T.A. Derienko1, D.E. Volkov2, D.A. Lopyn2, N.I. Yabluchansky1
Institution(s) 1V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine 2SI "Zaycev V.T. Institute of General and Urgent Surgery NAMS of Ukraine", Kharkiv, Ukraine
Article title Prognostically important hemodynamic indicators of effectiveness of medical therapy in patients with cardiac pacing and arterial hypertension
Introduction. Implantation of the cardiac pacemaker with the combination of drug therapy reduces mortality of patients with significant rhythm and conduction disorders, improves the quality of patients life.
Formulation of the problem. To determine the effectiveness of drug therapy in patients after the implantation of cardiac pacemaker, it is necessary to determine the significance of hemodynamic parameters using the stepwise discriminant analysis (SDA) before the implantation, in the early period (3-5 days), 6 and 12 months after the implantation of the cardiac pacemaker
The object of the study is to determine the prognostically significant indicators of the effectiveness of drug therapy, taking into account the degree of hypertension.
Study results. Common hemodynamic indicators predicting the effectiveness of drug therapy in patients with implanted cardiac pacemakers in all groups of hypertension were heart rate, SBP, DBP, thickness PWLV and intraventricular septum. At the annual stage after the implantation, prognostically significant hemodynamic indicators of the effectiveness of drug and hardware therapy in the group of AH 1st degree were thickness of intraventricular septum, in the AH group of the 2nd degree – end-systolic volume and EF, in the AH group of the 3rd degree–thickness of intraventricular septum.
Conclusion. Established prognostically significant hemodynamic indicators are useful to use in controlling the medical support of patients with implanted pacemakers, taking into account the degree of hypertension.
Keywords pacing, the effectiveness of therapy, stepwise discriminant analysis
1. Curtis A., Worley S. and Adamson P. Biventricular pacing for atrioventricular block and systolic dysfunction. N. Engl. J. Med., 2013, vol.17, pp. 93–1585.
2. Sun W., Li C. and Guo J. Long-term efficacy of implantable cardiac resynchronization therapy plus defibrillator for primary prevention of sudden cardiac death in patients with mild heart failure: an updated meta-analysis. Heart Fail. Rev., 2016, vol.4, pp. 4–100.
3. Zhang J., Xing Q. and Zhou X. Effects of Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy on ventricular electrical remodeling in patients with heart failure. Int. Heart J., 2015, vol.5, pp. 9–495.
4. Kolomyjceva I. N., Jabluchanskij N.I. Prognosticheski znachimye kliniko-gemodinamicheskie pokazateli pri medikamentoznoj podderzhke pacientov s implantirovannymi jelektrokardiostimuljatorami [Prognostically significant clinical hemodynamic indices with drug support of patients with implanted pacemakers]. Suchasnі problemi medicini, [Modern problems of medicine] 2016, vol. 1, pp. 37–40.
5. Zandieh A., Kahaki Z. and Sadeghian H. A simple risk score for early ischemic stroke mortality derived from National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale: a discriminant analysis. Clin Neurol Neurosurg, 2013, vol.115, pp. 1036–1039.
6. Svishenko E., Bagrii A., Ena L. and Kovalenko V. Rekomendacii Ukrainskoi Asociacii kardiologiv s profilaktiki ta likuvannya arterialnoi gipertensii [Recommendations of Ukrainian Association of Cardiologists on Treatment and Prophylaxis of Arterial Hypertension ]. Kyiv, PP VMB Publ., 2008, 80 p
Full-text version http://kit-journal.com.ua/en/viewer_en.html?doc/2017_13/009.pdf