Inventory reference ISSN 1812-7231 Klin.inform.telemed. Volume 12, Issue 13, 2017, Pages 0–00
Author(s) Yu. Bataeva2, V. Kirichenko1, V. Kulbashevsky1, V. Sergeev1
Institution(s) 1National Aerospace University "KhAI", Kharkov 2National Medical University "KhNMU", Kharkov
Article title The D.Celermajer method and its possibilities in endothelial function assessing
Introduction. The problem of endothelial function evaluating is very relevant, but the most widely today used and recommended method of D.Celermajer does not satisfy the researchers, due to the complexity of the technique, low accuracy and the instability of the obtained results.
Objective. Revealing the reasons of low accuracy and instability of endothelial function evaluation results by D.Celermajer method.
Results of the research. The analysis of endothelial function evaluation by the D.Celermajer method was carried out. The main sources of the error in the estimation of the endothelial function was determined and the ways of their neutralization was outlined.
Conclusions. Increasing the accuracy of endothelial function evaluation by the D.Celermajer method is impossible, while preserving the ultrasound method of estimating the change in the diameter of the arterial vessel. To simplify the research methodology and increase the accuracy of the endothelial function assessment, one should proceed to the use of rheographic data.
Keywords evaluation of endothelial function, rheographic data, sources of D.Celermajer method errors
1. Celermajer D.S., Sorensen K.E., Gooch V.M. et al. Noninvasive detection of endothelial dysfunction in children and adults at rick atherosclerosis. Lancet. 1992. vol. 340, pp.1111-1115.
2. Schroeder S., Enderle M.D., Ossen R. et al. Noninvasive determination of endothelium-mediated vasodilation as a screening test for coronary artery disease: pilot study to assess the predictive value in comparison with angina pectoris, exercise electrocardiography, and myocardial perfusion imaging. Am. Heart J. 1999. vol.134, iss. 4, Pt 1, pp.731-739.
3. Corretti M.C., Anderson T.J., Benjamin E.J., Celermajer D.S. and oth. International Brachial Artery Reactivity Task Force. Guidelines for the ultrasound assessment of endothelial-dependent flow-mediated vasodilation of the brachial artery: a report of the International brachial Artery Reactivity Task Force. J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2002; vol.39, pp. 257–265.
4. Deanfield J.E., Halcox J.P., Rabelink T.J. Endothelial function and dysfunction: testing and clinical relevance. Circulation. 2007. vol. 115, pp. 1285–1295.
5. Accini J.L., Sotomayor A., Trujillo F., Barrera J.G. Colombian study to assess the use of noninvasive determination of endothelium – mediated vasodilatation (CANDEV). Normal values and factor associated. Endothelium. 2001. vol. 8, iss. 2, pp. 157 – 166.
6. Sorensen K.E., Celermajer D.S., Spiegelhalter D.J., Georgakopoulos D., Robinson J., Thomas O., Deanfield J.E. Non-invasive measurement of human endothelium dependent arterial responses: accuracy and reproducibility. Br. Heart J. 1995, vol. 74, iss. 3, pp. 247-253.
7. Celermajer D.S., Sorensen K.E., Bull C., Robinson J., Deanfield J.E., Endothelium-dependent dilation in the systemic arteries of asymptomatic subjects relates to coronary risk factors and their interaction. J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 1994.vol. 24, pp. 1468–1474.
8. Anderson T. J., Uehata A., Gerhard M. D. et al. Close relation of endothelial function in the human coronary and peripheral circulations. J. Am. Coll. Cardiol., 1995. vol. 26, iss.5, pp.1235-1241.
9. T. J. Anderson, A. Uehata, M. D. Gerhard et al. Close relation of endothelial function in the human coronary and peripheral circulations. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 1995. vol. 26, iss. 5, pp.1235-1241.
10. Bonetti P.O., Lerman L.O., Lemon A. Endothelial dysfunction: a marker atherosclerotic risk. Arterioscler. Thromb. and Vascular Biol, 2003, vol. 23, iss. 2, pp. 168-175.
11. Bonetti PO, Pumper GM, Higano ST, Holmes DR Jr, Kuvin JT, Lerman A. Noninvasive Identification of Patients with Early Coronary Atherosclerosis by Assessment of Digital Reactive Hyperemia. J Am Coll Cardiology, 2004, Dec 07, vol. 44(11), pp. 2137-2141.
12. Hinderliter A.L., Caughey M. Assessing endothelial function as a risk factor cardiovascular disease. Curr. Atheroscler. Rep, 2003, vol. 5, iss. 6. pp. 506 – 513.
12. Nebieridze D.V. [Clinical significance of endothelial dysfunction in arterial hypertension]. Consilium Medicum Kardiologiya Sistemnyye gipertenzii [Cardiology, Systemic hypertension. Consilium Medicum]. 2005, iss. 1, pp.31-38. (In Russ.).
13. Zateyshchikova A.A, Zateeyshikov D.A. [Endothelial regulation of vascular tone: research methods and clinical significance]. Kardiologiya [Cardiology], 1998, iss. 9, pp. 68-78. (In Russ.).
14. Rogoza A.N., Balakhonova T.V., Chikhladze N.M. Sovremennyye metody otsenki sostoyaniya sosudov u bol'nykh arterial'noy gipertoniyey: Posobiye dlya praktikuyushchikh vrachey [Modern methods of assessing the state of blood vessels in patients with arterial hypertension: Manual for Practitioners]. Moscow, ATMOSPHERE Publ, 2008, 71 p. (In Russ.).
15. Z. Lupinskaya, A. Zarifyan, T. Gurovich, S. Schleifer. Endoteliy. Funktsiya i disfunktsiya [Endothelium. Function and dysfunction]. KRSU, Bishkek, 2008, 373 p. (In Russ.).
16. K. Caro, T. Pedley, R. Shroter, U. Sid. Mekhanika krovoobrashcheniya [Mechanics of blood circulation]. Moscow, Mir Publ, 1978, 624 p. (In Russ.).
17. V.G. Sergeev, E.N. Kiselgov. Assessment of the vascular system state on the results of rheographic measurements. Vestnik epileptologii, UPEL, K., [Herald of epileptology, UAEL, Kiev], 2007, iss. 1 (19-20), pp. 49-62. (In Russ.).