Inventory reference ISSN 1812-7231 Klin.inform.telemed. Volume 13, Issue 14, 2018, Pages 19–27
Author(s) Yu. Bataeva2, V. Kirichenko1, T. Kulbashevskaya1, V. Sergeev1
1National Aerospace University "KhAI", Kharkov
2National Medical University "KhNMU", Kharkov
Article title Evaluation of endothelial function by the rheographic data
Introduction. The problem of endothelial function evaluating is currently very relevant, but the most widely used and recommended methods for this are not satisfactory, due to the complexity of the techniques and the low accuracy of the results obtained.
Objective. Consideration of the possibilities of endothelial function evaluating by the rheographic data using, selection and justification of information parameters, analysis of the main sources of errors in the proposed method, and finding ways to minimize their influence.
Results of the research. A non-invasive method for endothelial function evaluating using rheographic data is proposed. The choice of the recorded rheograms information parameters is substantiated, the relationships determining the changes in the diameter of the arterial vessel in the reactive hyperemia test and the nitroglycerin test are substantiated, allowing the use of the database of the results obtained for the D.Celermajer method. The analysis of the errors main sources in the endothelial function evaluation according to the proposed method is made and the ways of minimizing their influence are suggested.
Conclusions. To simplify the procedure for conducting the study and to improve the accuracy of the FE assessment, it is necessary to move on to the use of rheographic data. The rheographic method of FE estimation allows neutralizing all identified sources of error in the D.Celermajer method, and in methods using data on changes in the velocity of pulse wave propagation in arterial vessels during corresponding functional tests
Keywords endothelial function evaluation, rheographic data, sources of error, D.Celermajer method, pulse wave propagation velocity
1. Bataeva Yu., Kirichenko V., Kulbashevsky V., Sergeev V. [The D. Celermajer method and its possibilities in endothelial function assessing]. Klin. inform. telemed., 2017, vol. 12, iss. 13, pp. 64–69.
2. Celermajer D. S., Sorensen K. E., Gooch V. M. et al. Noninvasive detection of endothelial dysfunction in children and adults at rick atherosclerosis. Lancet, 1992, vol. 340, pp. 1111–1115.
3. Malaya L., Korg A., Balkovaya L. Endotelial'naya disfunktsiya v patologii kardio-vaskularnoy sistemy. [Endothelial dysfunction in the pathology of the cardiovascular system]. Kharkov, Forcing Publ., 2000, 432 p. (In Russ.)
4. Nebieridze D. V. Klinicheskoye znacheniye disfunktsii endoteliya pri arterial'noy gipertonii [Clinical significance of endothelial dysfunction in arterial hypertension]. Consilium Medicum Kardiologiya Sistemnyye gipertenzii [Cardiology, Systemic hypertension. Consilium Medicum], 2005, no. 1, pp. 31–38. (In Russ.)
5. Lupinskaya Z., Zarifyan A., Gurovich T., Schleifer S. Endoteliy. Funktsiya i disfunktsiya [Endothelium. Function and dysfunction]. Bishkek, KRSU Publ., 2008, 373 p. (In Russ.).
6. Accini J.L., Sotomayor A., Trujillo F., Barrera J.G. Colombian study to assess the use of noninvasive determination of endothelium – mediated vasodilatation (CANDEV). Normal values and factor associated. Endothelium. 2001, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 157–166.
7. Sorensen K. E., Celermajer D. S., Spiegelhalter D. J., Georgakopoulos D., Robinson J., Thomas O., Deanfield J. E. Non-invasive measurement of human endothelium dependent arterial responses: accuracy and reproducibility. Br. Heart J., 1995, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 247–253.
8. Deanfield J. E., Halcox J. P., Rabelink T. J. Endothelial function and dysfunction: testing and clinical relevance. Circulation, 2007, vol. 115, pp. 1285–1295.
9. Corretti M. C., Anderson T. J., Benjamin E. J., Celermajer D. S., et al. International Brachial Guidelines for the ultrasound assessment of endothelial-dependent flow-mediated vasodilation of the brachial artery: a report of the International Brachial Artery Reactivity Task Force. J. Am. Coll. Cardiology, 2002, vol. 39, pp. 257–265.
10. Zateyshchikova A. A., Zateeyshikov D. A. Endothelial regulation of vascular tone: research methods and clinical significance. Kardiologiya [Cardiology], 1998, no. 9, pp. 68–78. (In Russ.)
11. Rogoza A. N., Balakhonova T. V, Chikhladze N. M. Sovremennyye metody otsenki sostoyaniya sosudov u bol'nykh arterial'noy gipertoniyey: Posobiye dlya praktikuyushchikh vrachey [Modern methods of assessing the state of blood vessels in patients with arterial hypertension: Manual for Practitioners]. Moscow, ATMOSPHERE Pub., 2008, 71 p. (In Russ.).
12. Caro K., Pedley T., Shroter R., Sid U. Mekhanika krovoobrashcheniya [Mechanics of blood circulation]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1978, 624 p. (In Russ.).
13. Savitski N. Biofizicheskiye osnovy krovoobrashcheniya I klinicheskiye metody izucheniya gemodinamiki. [Biophysical basis of blood circulation and clinical methods of studying hemodynamics]. L., 1974, 310 p.(In Russ.).
14. Sergeev V.G., Kiselgov E.N. [Assessment of the vascular system state on the results of rheographic measurements]. Vestnik epileptologii, UPEL, K., [Herald of epileptology, UAEL, Kiev], 2007, no.1 (19–20), pp. 49–62. (In Russ.).
15. Deanfield J., Donald A., Ferri C., Giannattasio C. et al. Endothelial function and dysfunction. Part I: Methodological issues foe assessment in the different vascular beds: A statement by the Working group on Endothelin and Endothelial Factors of the European Society of Hypertension. J. Hypertes, 2005, vol. 23, iss. 1, pp. 7–17.
16. Ivanov L., Makarov V. Lektsii po klinicheskoy reografii [Lectures on clinical rheography]. M., 2000, 319 p. (In Russ.)
Full-text version http://kit-journal.com.ua/en/viewer_en.html?doc/2018_14/002.pdf